Thursday, November 28, 2013

To Just Make Things Better




I've started this blog to be a place for a mix of topics but all of them around the idea of 'A Better Life' - so I was pleased to find this quote from Leonard Cohen - who anyone who knows me will know I hold in the highest regard. 
His personal logo is two interlocking hearts. That's an interesting idea in itself. (Think on that some). Here's the story of them. 
“These two interlocking hearts, I designed for the cover of Book of Mercy,” his 1984 poetry collection, he says, moving along as he describes another chop. “I established this Order of the Unified Heart, that is a kind of dream of an order. There is no organization. There’s no hierarchy. There’s just a pin [for] people of a very broadly designated similar intent.”
“And yours is?”
He thinks for a minute. “To just make things better on a very personal level,” he says. “You’re just not scattered all over the place. There is a tiny moment when you might gather around some decent intention.”  

- Leonard Cohen in an interview from 2007 with Sarah Hampson

No comments:

Post a Comment